The Bakersfield Pregnancy Center is excited to present our fall fundraiser Home Run for Life! It’s a fun, family-friendly event for all ages!
Each participant is encouraged to join a team or form their own team of at least 9 players (you can have more than nine). Each participant is asked to seek “sponsors” for their team or for individuals including themselves (just like we did for the Walk events).
For every $100 raised, your team earns one HOME RUN!
At the Home Run for Life Event, each team will play 2 innings of a slow pitch softball game. The team with the most runs (either earned by fundraising or by scoring a run during their two-inning game) will be the “Home Run for Life” Champions! The Championship team will receive awards including championship tee-shirts, ball caps and a team trophy.
Participants do not have to actually play the game, Pinch Players can play the actual game in your place! (Such as your child, grandchild or a neighbor’s kid)!
Rules for the game are as follows:
1. Each team must have at least 9 players.
2. Each team will have two “at bats”.
3. Each player receives two pitches at bat—there are no strikes.
4. Players can be tagged out at base or if a fly ball is caught. However, 3 outs do not end the inning. Each team has 5 minutes to get as many runs as possible.
5. No sliding allowed!
6. Pinch hitters or runners are allowed for any participant who has raised money for their team.
7. Each team will play two innings, max time per inning is 10 minutes.
8. Team with most runs wins!